From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-10 09:01:35

John Zorko wrote:
> Hello, all ...
>
> When I use v1.34s boost::filesystem::size() implementation on Mac OSX
> (10.4.10, Intel and PPC), I get different results. It appears to be
> a byte-ordering issue (since on little-endian machines (I tested on
> Windows and OSX Intel) it returns the correct result, while on big-
> endian machines (I tested on OSX PPC) it does not). While this is
> easy enough to code around, I don't recall reading anything about
> byte-ordering issues in the boost::filesystem portability guide, so
> i'm wondering if this is intentional?

No, certainly not!

By different results, do you mean the size that is returned is wrong? Is
the size correct if the byte-order is swapped?

Does this happen on all files, or only on certain files?

Is there any chance this is Mac OSX issue rather than a Boost.Filesystem
issue?

Thanks,

--Beman

PS: I'll be away from email all weekend, so won't be able to look into
this until next week.