From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-28 21:58:03

On 8/28/07, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sebastian Redl wrote:
>
> > As has been said in a previous, similar discussion, simple disallowing
> > of upper-case characters doesn't work. Bjam's files are called Jamroot
> > and Jamfile, and the capitalization matters.
>
> I personally prefer the ones with the .jam extension :-) But I don't see
> a problem with using capital letters in file names. And more important,
> the restriction may not be appropriate for all file/dir names in the svn
> repo.

Perhaps the canned check-case-insensitive.py script that comes with
Subversion would be a better fit then. It checks that there are no
collisions within any directory if filenames are case-flattened (e.g.
Jamfile would be OK, but not in the same directory with jamfile).

http://subversion.tigris.org/tools_contrib.html#check_case_insensitive_py

--
Caleb Epstein