From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-04 10:18:46

on Fri Nov 23 2007, "Robert Ramey" <ramey-AT-rrsd.com> wrote:

> I've resolved to move these headers from their current locations
> into the boost/serialization directory. Right now I'm sort of bogged
> down in other stuff and I've make fairly extensive changes/enhancements
> to the library.

Sorry, I got bogged down too, and I neglected to thank you for your
flexibility. So, thanks.

Please understand that you can do this make without making drastic
breaking changes; I suggest you deprecate the old usages while leaving
backward-compatibility forwarding headers and maybe using directives
in place for one release cycle (or even two if we manage to get up to
one release per quarter), to give people a chance to make the switch.

> I'm working on a branch. About a month ago I inquired
> as to the convenience/inconvenience of merging my changes from the
> branch into the trunk and the response was that as things were soon
> to be released, it would not be a good time to do so. This was fine
> with me. So by now my branch is even more divirgent from the
> trunk. I'll make these changes on this branch which can be merged
> into trunk at such time as is deemed convenient.

I know it doesn't help right now, but I hope to co-manage the next
release, and if that happens I will follow a procedure that will keep
the trunk and the release branch much more closely synchronized. That
should make it practical for you to keep your development branch much
more closely synchronized with the trunk.

Regards,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting