From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 11:04:51

   Hi Robert.

> I have always presumed that loading of DLLS would be under the control
> of the user program so that he could take appropriate steps to
>
> a) be sure that loading/unloading of DLLS wasn't occurring while
> in the midst of serialization stomething.
>
> b) loading/unloading DLLS occurred one at at time.
>
> It seems to me that this is enough to avoid problems.
> Am I missing something?

   Sound good to me. Just be sure to make this explicitly documented. :-)

   I think Windows internally serializes DLL loading unloading also, but
you'd have to check the DLLMain() documentation in MSDN for more
information on that. I seem to recall it giving some list of things you
can or can not do there or you risk causing a dead-lock.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić