From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 11:11:30

Robert Ramey wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Suggestion: handle that by deferring the availability of the
>> registrations associated with that DLL until the user explicitly says
>> it's safe to add them. The idea is that every DLL adds things to its
>> local registry and in a MT application, that is only combined with the
>> global registry via an explicit call, when presumably the user knows
>> no threads are doing serialization.
>
> I have always presumed that loading of DLLS would be under the control
> of the user program so that he could take appropriate steps to
>
> a) be sure that loading/unloading of DLLS wasn't occurring while
> in the midst of serialization stomething.

Is this viable? Plugins are not necessary loaded at startup, they may be
opened during normal work of a program, and I don't know how an application
can reasonably check that some other thread is in
"midst of serialization something".

Do you suggest that users employ a global mutex that will be help when either:
- serializing anything

?

- Volodya