From: Martin Lutken (mlu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-26 06:49:36

On Monday 07 April 2008 19:20:56 Sebastian Redl wrote:
> Graham wrote:
> As requested, I have posted a Unicode character support library in the
> boost vault as Unicode_lib.zip.
>
> Please feel free to use this under the boost license.
>
> It would be great if somebody had the time to develop the existing
> character support to ad the string wrappers that we had intended to -
> but ran out of time doing.
>
> It should be well documented, but if you want any questions answered,
> please feel free to ask and I'll try and help!

I have been looking at your work. Would it be usefull for converting
upper,lower case for non ASCII charaters ?

I have been trying to use those functions in :
<boost/algorithm/string.hpp>
But they don't seem to work for my utf-8 strings. I tried with different
locales, but that doesn help. Seems I need a locale that defines all the
facets for converting between UTF-8 upper- and lowercase characters.
I was thinking, perhaps you library could be used for that somehow ?

-Regards Martin L