Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Freeze for release candidate
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 09:29:54

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Steve M. Robbins wrote:

>>> Yes, I did.
>
> The results aren't there, now.

Apparently, new tests results were uploaded and now:
- we no longer see any results on release branch
- the trunk results are all green

>> So, let me summarize the options we have at this point:
>>
>> 1. Decide that apparently, MPI tests were never run in past as part of regression
>> testing framework,
>
> Is this really an accurate characterization? I can't believe that we've
> *never* had MPI test results.

I don't see how we could ever had them. The XSL scripts were fixed to accept
run_mpi test type just recently, with previous change in 2007-12-13.
mpi.jam uses RUN_MPI type since 2006-12-18. So, it seems like no MPI
results could appear in the matrix for all that time.

>> and therefore can wait till 1.41.
>
> I don't think we should ship untested code.

>> 2. Have Noel try running with trunk version of XSL scripts, either using "svn switch",
>> or by merging to release branch. Then, fix MPI failures.
>>
>> Can the release management team decide?
>
> My vote goes for (2).

And which of alternatives should we go with? E.g. switch or merge?

- Volodya