Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] Proposal: a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-19 11:30:07

Hi Nate,

Thanks for committing the fixes!

Nathan Ridge wrote:
> 1. At [1], I see a number of yellow "fail" boxes. The legend describes
> this as "failure on a newly added test/compiler". Should I be worried
> about these?

At least, `type_erased` and `strided` have been failing for some time.
IIRC, `strided` still has a bug, which can be found at
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/211955/focus=212004
This bug might be the origin of the `strided` test failure.

> 2. [...]

> 3. Is there a way to look at older test results, so that I can compare
> test results from before my commit to test results from after my
> commit, so that I can see whether my commit specifically broke
> anything?

I think it's not possible and it's a drawback of the Boost's testing
infrastructure. I guess that one of the reasons (for not storing older
test results) is that the test logs are very large.

Regards,
Michel