Subject: Re: [boost] Git: maintaining super-project
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 16:13:46

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I am not sure how maintenance of subproject references in the
> super-project will work.

The eventual goal is an automated (i.e. continuous integration) approach
that detects changes to each library's public repo master branch, updates a
local working copy of the super-project (on a test slave) to the new
master head, then if and only if acceptance conditions are met, commits and
pushes the super-project. The maintainer(s) are automatically notified of
acceptance or rejection, with reasons.

The conditions for acceptance would include passing tests (or markups),
inspection, etc.

That automated approach isn't in place, although a lot of the pieces are
there. So we will have to workout a transition plan to get from where we
are today to where we want to be eventually.

--Beman