Subject: Re: [boost] Git hardlinks, and developing
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 16:13:30

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Bjørn Roald <bjorn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Some thoughts:

> Assuming we have changed b2 headers to prefer symlink for individual files:

Before we change anything I'd prefer to see a set of requirements
developed. What scenarios do we expect to work out-of-the-box on what
platforms?

I'd like to see highest priority given to recent versions of the most
common platforms used by Boost developer. I.E. Linux, Mac OS X, Windows.
And getting the scenarios to work on recent versions before worrying about
versions already abandoned by their vendors. Just my opinion, of course.

--Beman