Subject: Re: [boost] [git] automatic ticket closing
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-05 04:00:08

On 12/05/2013 12:53 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> I think the same thing is happening as happened with Git itself. You can
> speculate about whether A is better than B all you want, but actually using
> something alters your perspective. If I had to put my finger on what is was
> in the case of the issues lists, I would say the responsiveness of the
> GitHub issue tracker. But whatever it is, something is making me want to
> abandon the old trac issue tracker ASAP.

Please notice that the GitHub issue tracker does not allow you to attach
patches (you can only attach graphics.)

This raises the question if the only way to contribute will be through
GitHub pull requests. While these certainly are convenient to the
maintainers, they do require extra work for the casual contributor:

   https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork