Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-13 10:48:08

On 13 December 2013 15:05, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> And I believe that the time has come to move to SVG for all graphics if possible.
> Even Internet Explorer 9 to 11 now supports SVG pretty well (as do most other browsers now that
> screen sizes range from a postage stamp up to a cinema screen with every imaginable aspect ratio and
> pixel density).

I was going to say the same thing. Although I just ran a crude check
on the recent server log entries and IE 8.0 appears to be the most
popular version. About 4% of the total logged http requests for the
past few days were from IE 6/7/8. This is not really reliable data
(and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those requests have spoofed
browser ids), but it's still higher than I'd expect. But it's not
really a problem if these people don't see the logos on github, so I'd
go for using SVG.