Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-13 11:56:33

On 13 December 2013 16:09, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Not sure I understand this ?
>
> Did you mean IE 9.0 was the most popular IE version? (This is the first to support SVG)
>
> or
>
> "About 4% of the total logged http requests for the past few days were from IE 6/7/8 " Does this
> mean that of these 4%, IE8 is the most popular?

No, IE 8 is the most popular individual version of internet explorer.
The different versions are roughly at:

MSIE 6.0 - 0.4%
MSIE 7.0 - 1.1%
MSIE 8.0 - 2.5%
MSIE 9.0 - 1.5%
MSIE 10.0 - 1.2%

I forgot that Internet Explorer 11 uses a different browser id, so it
isn't included. Take these values with a pinch of salt, it's a small
sample and the methodology is pretty poor. I suspect that many of the
6.0 requests are spoofed, so that's a pretty high error.

They've all supported SVG for a long time: http://caniuse.com/svg