Subject: [boost] Release numbering
From: Henrik Sundberg (storangen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-14 08:26:10

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Henrik Sundberg <storangen_at_[hidden]
> >wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > I've been pecking away at "Getting Started with Modular Boost
> Library Maintenance".
> > >
> > > Comments?
> >
> > Will the first Git release of Boost be 2.0? If not; why?
>
> + 1
>
> Why don't you start a separate thread so your suggestion gets the airtime
> it deserves?

OK.

I think the Git transition is a good time for 2.0.
This would somewhat make it easy to understand what part of the history to
look for in Subversion. The Git transition is major for Boost.

Next major revision could be when a C++ version is not officially supported
anymore. E.g., when no testers exist.

/$