Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 01:51:03

On 17.12.2013 09:49, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2013 at 8:53, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>>> I have been having notions that the time to automate a buildbot
>>> dashboard is the same time as when we implement dependency support
>>> for Boost.Build. Until then it'll have to be manual I'm afraid.
>>
>> what dependency support would you want implemented?
>
> Nothing crazy:
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/10/207600.php. You'll note
> there I mention build bot and automated sanity test runs there too.

Making Boost's Jamroot run a script on a start is quite trivial.
There's already BOOST_ROOT variable, so, something like

        local script = $(BOOST_ROOT)/script.sh ;
        if [ CHECK_IF_FILE $(script) ] {
                SHELL $(script) ;
        }

sounds possible? On the other, I am not sure I understand your design goal. I am
quite surely don't want any git checkouts or fetches to happen when I just build.

> tldr: I got told to stop discussing here and go to ryppl.

I am somewhat lost about that ryppl thing. It seems clear that this attempt to clone
Maven for C++ projects is not taking off, so I don't know why directing people to
random mailing lists is gonna be helpful.

- Volodya