Subject: Re: [boost] [git][multi_index] help merging from develop
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-24 08:31:49

On 24 December 2013 13:03, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried following the instructions on
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModMaint
>
> but I obviously screwed up something. After creating my first merge point
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/multi_index/
> commit/802543fd948b5cf41460addf2260693f08cf7f8d
>
> a subsequent merge from develop doesn't change any code:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/multi_index/
> commit/3239677c40b6e15d1bb49675cabb077460333538
>
> even though branch develop is indeed different from (and more
> recent than) the code in master (it contains changes from about
> one month or so intended for Boost 1.56 that weren't published when
> the branch master was originally created)

How did you merge? I tried checking out the old version and merging,
and got a lot of merge conflicts (I think you got your merge point a
little wrong, but that isn't a big problem). Did that happen for you?

Or maybe you used "git merge -s ours"? The "-s ours" flag on the wiki
was just for creating the merge point, as it tells git to use the
"ours" merge strategy, which basically performs no merge at all
(roughly similar to using 'svn merge --record-only' in subversion).
The text on the wiki should be clearer here.

Do you want to have master identical to develop?