Subject: [boost] Best home for cxx11_char_types.hpp?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-09 14:42:55

I'm working on an update of Boost.Filesystem that adds support for the
C++11 char16_t, char23_t, u16string, and u32string types.

For compilers that don't yet support these types, a header
cxx11_char_types.hpp (see attached) provides emulation that is good enough
for filesystem, and is probably useful for other libraries and for user
code too. We discussed this header several years ago, and I've been using
it since then.

Where should this header live? It can certainly go in
libs/filesystem/include/boost/filesystem, but that doesn't really expose it
to general Boost users. Is there a better place, but without introducing
unwanted dependencies?

--Beman