Subject: Re: [boost] [winrt support] Adding support for Windows 8 store/phone to Boost libraries
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 22:36:11

On 07/21/2014 07:01 PM, stgates wrote:
> I have been running the tests locally myself. Now that the changes to
> Boost.Build for targeting have been accepted I'm in the process of making
> contributions for running tests. Once that is done it will be possible to
> run tests targeting Windows Store and Phone just like is done for the Win32
> desktop.

It would be great to have tests on 'develop' which can show some of the
integration of Boost with Windows Store and Phone.

> I haven't added any new tests. I'm trying to make sure to keep the tests
> following the Boost workflow of being able to automatically executed as part
> of the build.

That's understandable. I am just concerned that the integration of Boost
with Windows Store and Phone be tested on 'develop' with some real
meaningful tests, as well as regression tested on 'develop' by someone,
even if it yourself representing Microsoft's efforts, before it is ever
merged to 'master' and becomes part of some future release of Boost or
individual Boost libraries. That is the normal workflow in Boost before
anything ever gets merged to the 'master' release.