Subject: Re: [boost] Demand for Boost libraries - was Math tools polynomial enhancements
From: Karen Shaeffer (shaeffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-02 10:28:12

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 06:54:10AM -0800, Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 11/1/15 9:30 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>
> >Perhaps because "concepts" are not part of C++ and unless concepts
> >become codified Boost authors have nothing to work with in adding
> >"concepts" to their library.
>
> Sure they have something to work with. The Boost Concepts Checking
> library has been available since 2002 !!!

Hi Robert,
The boost graph library and property_maps library make extensive use of
concepts. And most of these libraries were written between 1997 and 2001
in the c++98 dialect. Even though I strongly believe these important libraries
are begging for an updated version 2 written in c++14, they are a work of art
in my opinion. One can learn a lot by studying their implementations and
working with them. It's especially fun and instructive to write your own
algorithms.

Karen