Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Where to discuss CMake in Boost?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-23 13:22:23

On 23 March 2018 at 10:37, Paul A. Bristow via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Mateusz Loskot via Boost
>>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, 00:13 P F, <pfultz2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was completely unaware of the boost-cmake ML
>>>

>> It seems a bit hidden from the front page, one has to browse lists.boost.org
>> for full list of MLs.
>
> A bit of judicious selective cross-posting to the user or developer lists might bring progress (or snags) with Cmake to a wider
> public?

Valid point. I understand that may be the case indeed.

OTOH, I think, the CMake has become a delicate topic in Boost.
Every time I want to ask about any kind of use of CMake in Boost,
I fear that will make the snowball rolling down the hill, again :)

For instance, I wish Boost offered CMake support library, review eg.
BCM and let it in.
I'm not speaking of building Boost with CMake, no!
I mean joint development of support scripts for Modern CMake
which are useful for those Boost library developers who wish to add CMake
configuration (along the official BB2), for convenience.
I think such bunch of Boost for CMake scripts would foster better
common practices.

Currently, there is bunch of CMake-enabled libraries, each developed
in isolation,
each using different conventions, techniques, custom macros, modules.

Lately, I was adding CMake setup for Boost.GIL.
It made me wondering why the BCM thing is not in boost/tools/bcm.

Best regards,