Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Parallel Builds on Windows
From: Bill Hoffman (bill.hoffman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-08 14:43:12

David Abrahams wrote:

>> It is totally automated. You can run devenv /build on the command line or use
>> msbuild, they do not pop up a gui. ctest uses devenv /build. All of this is already
>> automated by ctest. The question is about log scrapping, which needs to be done.
>> However, vs does create html logs during the build, and you should be able to use them
>> with not too much effort.
>
> Well,
>
> 1. I'm happy to have a system that uses log scraping if it works,
> especially if someone else is doing the maintenance to make sure it
> keeps working :-)
Sounds good, and we (Kitware) will maintain it, as long as our tools are
used (i.e. ctest).

> 2. HTML logs are doubtless structured, right? So that doesn't amount to
> scraping anyway.
Also true, but will take some more effort than 1 (since we already have
1 working...). Might be a bit harder to maintain as the html
locations/formats might change with different versions of VS.. However,
it does sound like a good thing to do, just not real high on my list at
the moment since we have a working solution right now.

-Bill