From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 17:52:16

Robert Mathews writes:
[...]

> - "expected failure" feature
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

Expected failures look like failed unit tests where the number of
failed assertions is _less_ than expected. I use a Perl script to
look for this sort of thing. Personally, I'd be inclined not to call
these "failures", but that's just me.

I've found that Perl (or whatever) scripts to grab the output of test
suites and do something reasonable with it are necessary. I suspect
that I haven't really grokked the _intent_ behind the unit test
library.

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. "Irrationality is the square root of all evil"
Numerica Corporation -- Douglas Hofstadter
Software Engineer IV
                         "Oppernockity tunes but once." -- anon.