Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost][b2] Differenciate 32bit and 64 bit binaries when using CMake.
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 06:40:43

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Slava
<Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> You build 64-bit stuff (including boost if you wish) in 64-bit
> environment, 32-bit stuff (including boost if you wish) in a separate
> 32-bit environment. The environment is native for build tools, so you need
> no crosscompiling (-m32), no special library lookups. Google for 'linux
> 32-bit chroot' for more information.

But then you need two compilation environment which not everyone can get
(or be authorized to use in some companies).
My point is that there shouldn't be a need for this: you can already
compile for 64 or 32 bit with your compiler, only boost lacks a way to find
the right binaries.
I myself can't use another environment at the moment. And I don't want to,
I need to work with a single laptop from everywhere and don't have space
and patience for dual boot.

Joel Lamotte.