From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-10 08:14:25

At 03:14 PM 7/9/99 -0700, Reid Sweatman wrote:

>I really like the idea of such a repository, too. However, how
about simply
>calling it "Good Programming Practices?" Since that's basically
what it is.

I prefer the term "Appropriate Programming Practices." Many (most?
all?) of so-called good programming practices are in fact only
appropriate in some situations and are completely inappropriate in
others. But that is just a quibble over terminology.

>Or (although it smacks of MS, and who knows, they probably
trademarked the
>word) how about calling it a Knowledge Base?

I am looking for one word or a couple of short words to fit on the
navigation bar. Maybe just "More". That way the page pointed to can
contain links to articles about programming practices, Boost
policies, an "interesting links" pages, poems, jokes, and anything
else we decide is worthwhile.

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost