From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-09-15 05:17:28

Dave adds:

>Just to make my position clear:

Of course I like this proposal, but I wouldn't insist on it for a first
release within boost. Regex++ seems to be a fine, useful library even
without DFA searching.

-Dave

P.S. OTOH, regex++ is already available w/o DFA searching, so maybe it
would
be a good idea ;)<

Exactly, I'm about ready to start on version 3 (and yes I'm still adding
features that maybe should have been in version 1!), my plan was to retain
version 2.1x for older compilers/STL versions "as is" on my web pages, and
while I'm in the process of reworking the library for the next version,
"boostify" it so that the new version can go on the boost site if members
approve, of course I'm open to being deflected from my present course :)

John.