From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-09 16:52:19

Beman wrote:

> I am starting to wonder if we aren't reinventing the wheel. Why not
> just set your browser to display .hpp files using your favorite
> program editor?
>
> That results in far better coloring, hypertext linking, etc., than
> anything we are likely to come up with, and it doesn't add complexity
> to boost library submissions.

It doesn't result in any hypertext linking at all for me until I compile a
complete project with browsing turned on. It downloads a file to my disk
that stays there cluttering it up until I get rid of it. My favorite program
editor under MacOS takes a while to launch. I don't know what it would do if
I tried to launch emacs under linux. It makes a quick perusal of code for
review purposes or to examine techiniques much more cumbersome.

I'm pretty happy with the awk script we have; there's no need to overreact.
I'd just like to be able to read a graphical diagram in a comment.

-Dave