From: Andy Glew (glew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-09 18:35:56

> I am starting to wonder if we aren't reinventing the wheel. Why not
> just set your browser to display .hpp files using your favorite
> program editor?
>
> That results in far better coloring, hypertext linking, etc., than
> anything we are likely to come up with, and it doesn't add complexity
> to boost library submissions.

GNU EMACS isn't as nice as the AWK script
- sure, it has colours, but EMACS' handling of variable sized
fonts is little or none, and it's handling of links is not so good
(not smart enough to make them tokens).

This being said, Beman is correct: redirecting to a program
editor is the right thing to do. It's just that my editor of choice
(many peoples editor of choice) sucks in this regard.