From: Miki Jovanovic (miki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-31 16:36:00

"boris fomitchev" <fb-_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What drawbacks ? I see only advantages -
> 1) it bypasses global memory manager (if you need synch, you add one
> the
> free list only). Or do you mean one still has to implement sync ? This
> is not a drawback of the approach, it's implementation issue.
> 2) it speeds up the allocation and uses the least amount of memory
> possible.

I am not knocking the linked pointer down, but just pointing it is not
best for every test case. If you want a list form, what I think is
certain from all of our discussion is:
1) it has slowest copy opperation
2) it is approx. three times larger then intrusive ptr (3 words vs 1)

Cheers,

Miki Jovanovic.