From: Boris Fomitchev (fbp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-31 19:51:02

Oups - sorry !

What I was speaking of was actually "faster shared ptr"
implementation by Dave Abrahams - it has same size as the original one
and no other penalties compared to it.

Original linked_list posted here introduces extra size, extra copy penalty
and extra synchronization congestion on link modifications so I would
not consider it as good way to fight slow new().

To fight new(), shared_ptr may use allocator<T> (if they happy to have SGI
allocator<>),
or use Dave's implementation. I think the latter is better.

-Boris.