From: Andreas Scherer (as_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-02-04 02:06:23

After happily hacking the various bits and pieces of "boost_all.zip" on
WinNT 4 with MSVC 6 I installed the sources on a Linux PC with egcs
2.91.66 and found the following minor problem:

After "unzip"ping the archive, line 213 of <boost/smart_ptr.hpp> has a
spurious ^M character after the line-continuing backslash. egcs 2.91.66
refrains from compiling this line. When I compile <libs/smart_ptr_test.
cpp> with "g++ -c smart_ptr.cpp -I../.." egcs reports an "Invalid token
in expression".

I suggest to clean the files in respect to end-of-line characters.

Cheers,

Andreas