From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-02-06 16:06:46

Dave Abrahams <abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't think we have to give up on it if we only allow a const first
> argument. It's just like an expression x << y where x and y are ints:
> neither is modified but the expression returns a new value.

I thought about the issue a little, and I came to a conclusion that
'make_point' probably would be a better choice. 'operator <<' gives us
nothing besides a syntactic sugar, and even this 'sugar' has a questionable
quality. On the other hand 'make_point' has an obvious analogy with
'std::make_pair' and you don't need to describe to anybody what exactly it
does and how he must use it.. I love to invent cute syntactical expressions
:), but it seems this one doesn't fit to my notion of 'cute'...

-Alexy