From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-27 08:42:46

on 4/27/00 6:40 AM, Moore, Paul at paul.moore_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Thanks for the fixes, I have just downloaded the free Borland C++ compiler
> and was intending to try it and see what the results were. I also now have
> the mingw GCC compiler, and if I can ever get it to believe that the std::
> namespace exists (problems with the supplied standard library mean that it's
> not as simple as -fhonor-std :-() I intend to try with that, too.

I strongly suggest you get the latest STLport beta. It's a complete standard
library implementation and our experience shows that -fhonor-std doesn't
work right even if you *could* get rid of the broken std lib they supply.
The STLport lets you write conforming code by putting everything into a
namespace _STL and spoofing std:

#define std _STL

Code written to assume names are in std:: seems to work perfectly.

-Dave