From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-05-07 19:28:07

Ok, so the idea here is to prevent someone from taking a boost
library, making all kinds of bad modifications, and then
redistributing it and claiming that it is an "official boost library".
In practice I'm not sure how big a deal this really is, but having
this kind of clause in the GGCL license would make my advisor feel
better :)

This kind of clause doesn't prevent modification or redistribution, it
just restricts what you call the thing that gets redistributed.