From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-08 20:58:33

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on a system for quickly and easily wrapping C++ classes in
Python. My employer has graciously agreed to allow its release as open
source. I'm wondering whether boost would be an appropriate host for this
library, which sits on the boundary between the two languages. This probably
depends in part on the level of interest within this group. I'm sure
www.sourceforge.net would take it, otherwise. So, I'm here to gauge interest
and appropriateness, and...

<Spam>
Allow me to flog Python again, for a moment. Python <www.python.org> is an
interactive interpreted language with an extensive library. It is
dynamically typed, has classes and a real module system, and nearly all
Python programming is generic programming. It runs on almost everything, and
as my friend Tim Peters is fond of saying, "it's not just easy to learn: you
already know Python." In many ways it is the perfect compliment to C++.
</Spam>

-Dave

P.S. My library even works with one of the more hated compilers out there. I
had to invent several clever/disgusting techniques to deal with the lack of
partial specialization, some of which you may find... interesting ;)