From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-17 06:31:40

> The Borland project files would be better off in a sub-directory rather
> than directly in the libs/functional directory (the "..\..\..\boost"
> include path in this project file is also wrong).

The include path should be "..\.." (that's what I typed), but somehow
Borland munge it - I wish they wouldn't do that. Anyway, Jens Maurer
made the point that I shouldn't include the project file, so I'll be
taking it out.

> My second point is unrelated to the rational for functional.hpp - so
> consider it entirely optional - can we have an "identity" unary function
> object. The SGI STL already has this, but it's not part of the standard,
> my reason for bringing this up is that functional.hpp is the obvious
place
> to put this.

I definitely think that a boost::identity is a good idea. If folks think
functional.hpp is the appropriate place, I'm more than happy to include
it. And what about project1st/project2nd and select1st/select2nd?

Mark