From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-05 02:05:05

> My big problem with this test is that it doesn't tell me at a glance
whether
> it worked or not. It compiles and runs, but are the results correct?

I have the same problem with the "test" for functional - it's really just a
compilation test and example rather than a test that the functionality
works.

I think it would be nice if we could come up with a standard testing
framework so that all the testing could be uniform and the results readily
extractable by Beman's compilation script. Dave, are you volunteering to
put together a standard we can all adhere to, and some helper code to
reuse? ;-)

Mark