From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-15 10:54:25

Thomas Holenstein wrote:

>Hy,
> > I haven't posted it; I'd like to reduce the stupid warnings to keep
the
> > size down. If you've got any suggestions for compiler switches or
> > whatever, I'd be glad to hear them!
>
>Hmm. I think a good library should not produce any warnings, but...

As John Maddock pointed out, a great deal of the problem comes from
standard library implementations. We aren't the only ones concerned with
this, and I know some vendors are working to reduce spurious warnings.

I don't know that there is anything to do right away, but we should keep
working on the problem as solutions surface.

--Beman