From: Greg Colvin (greg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-24 23:26:43

From: William Kempf <sirwillard_at_[hidden]>
> The site piqued my interest in CSP. This is a concurrent programming
> technique/mathematical model that I've not heard of until today. I'd
> be very interested in learning more about it, and it sounds like it's
> something that should be discussed here...

Marc's description of Occam, reposted below, is a good summary
of the fundamental approach.

If you have access to the ACM digital library then just do some
searches for Hansen, Hoare, and Dikstra. You'll find good
stuff going back a few decades. If you don't have access it
might be time to join the ACM. As Hunter S. Thompson always
says, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

I believe that under the ACM copyright notice below I could put
some of the foundation papers in our vault. If whoever might
be sued if I am wrong agrees then I will do so. Beman?

"Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commer-
cial advantage, the ACM copyright notice and the title of the publication
and its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the Association for Computing Machinery. To copy otherwise, or to
republish, requires a fee and/or specific permission."