From: William Kempf (sirwillard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-25 08:59:40

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "Greg Colvin" <greg_at_c...> wrote:
> From: William Kempf <sirwillard_at_m...>
> > The site piqued my interest in CSP. This is a concurrent
programming
> > technique/mathematical model that I've not heard of until today.
I'd
> > be very interested in learning more about it, and it sounds like
it's
> > something that should be discussed here...
>
> Marc's description of Occam, reposted below, is a good summary
> of the fundamental approach.

The concept sounds simple enough. I looked at the PPT document
available on the JCSP site and was completely lost, however. With
enough time I could decipher what they were saying, but it would be a
lot easier with concrete examples of the useage and laymen
explanation of the terms and math used.

> If you have access to the ACM digital library then just do some
> searches for Hansen, Hoare, and Dikstra. You'll find good
> stuff going back a few decades. If you don't have access it
> might be time to join the ACM. As Hunter S. Thompson always
> says, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

I belonged to the ACM at one point, but found little benefit in the
membership, so let my membership lapse. That was before the online
digitial library, however, so maybe I'll have to rethink things
here. One you only have so much disposable income, however...

Bill Kempf