From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-01 17:06:07

> weeks. Once the library is there, I think improvements and modifications
> can
> be dealt with in the form changes to the current version.

This could be said of any additions to boost. Sucker the author by
"accepting" the library then change ordering them to death. :>

  If the vote to accept ggcl is up or down I vote up, accept.

  I would like to see some of the changes proposed either accepted, or
denied with reasons given. i.e. no template template arguments to maintain
support for non standard compilers with the provision to change it when a
greater percentage of compilers comply, etc.

  On the support library code, i.e. container_traits.h, again I'd vote to
accept because if we try and modify them to fully contain all the necessary
features that other boost libraries may need we will be talking for a long
time. And if those libraries aren't accepted we will have added unnecessary
features. I'm thinking of the VTL library which may use other
container_traits<>, and the iterator_adaptors<> (Martin and I have been
busy, so we haven't done those modifications to VTL yet.) So a provisional
acceptance would be fine. (Accepted yet will change by addition.) Could we
put these files in a "Under construction" subdirectory?

  -Gary-

gary.powell_at_[hidden]