From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-09-04 20:25:18

David Abrahams writes:
> I'm pleased and excited to announce the acceptance of the boost graphs
> library! Thanks to everyone for their thorough review comments.

Excellent :) My thanks to everyone on the reviews!

I'm currently going through all the suggestions, many of which I agree
with and am changing the code/docs accordingly. The suggestions I
disagree with I'll take note of for further discussion.

> Now the real hard work begins. This library has greater consequences for
> boost than any other we've released, mostly because it is much bigger. It
> depends on proposed, but as yet unreleased components, and brings in copious
> new code of its own. The presentation, including the documentation, needs a
> lot of work. I don't know how much Jeremy intends to do before releasing it,
> but I think it may be unreasonable to ask him do everything we'd like by
> himself. I hereby volunteer to pitch in.

This week I am working on getting the file structure/namespace of GGCL
into the boost format, and also addressing many of the issues brough
up in review. Towards the end of the week I'll make a list of the
remaining work (of which there will be plenty), and any volunteers
will be welcome to knock off things on the list. Thanks Dave for
volunteering!

For the proposed but unreleased components that GGCL depends on, I
suggest placing them in boost/boost/pending for the time being.

> Jeremy, if you can use help, I think you should be allowed to decide how to
> distribute jobs. I think I can help with the documentation. Let us know what
> you need, if anything.
>
> -Dave
> [GGCL review manager]

As for documentation, it should be converted to HTML. I've used
latex2html before and wasn't too impressed. Does anyone know of a
better method? Perhaps I'll use latex2html as a first pass, then
do the rest of the conversion by hand.

Cheers,

Jeremy