From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-24 06:03:40

>I wonder about this. Shouldn't this maybe be #ifdef _WIN32?

OK, I guess so, although at present there are no non-win32
Microsoft/Borland compilers are there? (I am aware that Kylix will be
comming soon though... )

>Also, you use lots of ALL_UPPERCASE names for enum values. These really
>should be reserved for preprocessor macros.

As far as I am aware the only place where that occures is in cregex.hpp -
those are POSIX defined names for the most part REG_ICASE etc, the few
extentions then follow that naming system. I guess I could make these
macros rather than enum's but that seems to be a rather backward and
retentive step.

>boost/regex.hpp: The #ifdef __cplusplus seems to be in the wrong
>place, so <boost/type_traits.hpp> is included even for C compiles.

Oops that was a late addition... I'll get it fixed.

>boost/regex.hpp has lots of empty lines at the very end of the file.

and that.

>libs/regex/old_include is still there. :-) It has no place in a
>freshly contributed boost library, I think.

Fresh to boost, not to my existing users, I guess I can provide it
separately on my web pages - but it is mentioned in the docs - and that's
not going to change, what does everyone else think?

- John.