From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-17 16:15:01

> member templates
I don't think these were on many compilers when Jakubik wrote his library.

> >bl::bind, bl::free1, etc are from the binder library (now lambda library
> >and
> >already
> >part of boost?),
>
> What is the status of the lambda library?
Still in development. There is some work being done to port to other
compilers. Also we are looking at integration to other Expression Template
libraries.

> Is it going to be accepted into
> boost?
Of course!

> >[more snippage]
>
> Yeah, this is good. The same applies to arguments. For example, if you
> have
> a callback that's defined to have a void return type and an int argument
> it
> should be possible to attach a member function that takes a long.
I'm not sure I'd want this.

> >with the function adapters, binder library and some extra relaxN(...)
> >template functions
> >(allowing to except more arguments than actually used) almost everything
> >can be turned
> >into a callback...
>
> I've having some trouble parsing this bit.

My guess is that he's using the binder from Lambda/BL to hold the function
pointers, extra arguments etc. I never thought about using it this way but
it looks promising. There is some more work on Lambda being done for holding
arbitrary lambda functions and this would help the callback problem. LL does
the member template stuff very well. (IMO)

  -gary-

gary.powell_at_[hidden]