From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-06 10:35:10

I'm updating the FAQ; thanks to those who have supplied fixes.

Here are a couple of new entries:

Why isn't there a separate boost mailing list for my favorite library?

One of the reasons for boost's success has been the cross-pollination of
ideas between diverse library projects and the occasional look into other
threads by otherwise uninterested parties. The more people participate, the
less they tend to be annoyed by "noise".

How can I cope with the large volume of boost mailing list messages?

Try using your email program's capabilities to filter messages and
automatically transfer them into several boost folders. Boost list posters
are encouraged to include keywords in the subject like "thread", "review",
and "CVS" to aid message filtering.

--Beman

--Beman