From: loisg_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-12 19:41:49

The header files would not be mixed with the .cpp files. All .cpp
files go in the src directory, below all of the library's header
files.

boost_1_19/
    boost/
        my_library.hpp // #includes file[12].hpp
        my_library/
            file1.hpp
            file2.hpp
            src/
                file1.cpp
                file2.cpp
            doc/
            examples/

The single level 1 "convenience" header makes it easy to get started
using that library without a lot of detailed study, to learn which
classes are declared in which headers. Granularity can be adopted
later as needed. Of course a library author might decide to set up a
more complicated structure, but the user needn't worry about that
unless s/he wants the granularity of using the individual headers.

I'm suggesting that organization instead of one like this:

boost_1_19/
    boost/
        include/
            my_library/
                file1.hpp
                file2.hpp
        src/
            my_library/
                file1.cpp
                file2.cpp
        doc/
            my_library/
                index.html
                file1.html
                file2.html
        examples/
            my_library/
                example1.cpp
                example2.cpp

because the former system isolates each library into a single branch
of the directory tree. The latter is equally logical, but every new
library added requires updating several locations in the boost tree.

Lois