From: Gavin Collings (gcollings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-14 14:31:39

--- In boost_at_[hidden], rwgk_at_m... wrote:
> > The problem can be hacked around by #include <whatever.h> and then
> > doing the usual namespace std { using ::somename; ... } trick.
>
> > 2) Provide a set of dummy <cwhatever> headers, containing the
> > hack. Users would presumably include these headers in their
> > search path only if their standard library implementation didn't
> > supply the <cwhatever> headers.
>
> That solution does seem fine. Would someone have an example of a
> <cwhatever>...

Coincidentally I have just gone through this process for MSVC a few
days ago. I've just uploaded a full set of <cwhatever> headers plus
a couple of work-arounds for <algorithm> and <memory>. Just unzip
the file, copy the original versions of <algorithm> and <memory> to
the 'original' subdirectory, add the directory to the include path
before the standard include and away you go.

It's not very well tested (it does compile, though!), it probably has
omissions/errors, but it's a start.

Gavin