From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-14 17:10:19

Daryle Walker wrote:

> I think C++ I/O is neat, so rounded up a bunch of ideas I've thought of and
> some that I've seen in the newsgroups, and some in C++ books and put them
> together in a sub-library. I'm going to add a few more headers later.

A few random thoughts:

 - The skip() function seems to be undocumented.
 - The memory streams are interesting in the persistence context.
 - In general, the stuff should be split up a little bit better.
The non-persistent stream manipulators may overlap with the
type-safe printf-like output proposal we had on boost a few months
ago.
 - Tests should be written for all functions.
 - more_iomanip.hpp has default template arguments for function
templates. This is an error in general, and it is not needed here
because of template argument deduction.
 - The header dependency list of more_iomanip.hpp looks slightly
frightening -> a reason to split it up.
 - basic_skip::istream_type operator>>(...) has a superfluous
typename in the parameter list.

Jens Maurer