From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-15 15:02:19

At 02:13 PM 12/15/2000 -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:

>However, I would like to stress that while I do have a definite Unix
bias,
>I think that the things that I'm proposing would work in a Windows (and
>others) world as well. Non-unixy folks please chime in here...

A lot of directory structure ideas from you and others seem system
independent enough to work widely, although it isn't easy for me to know
exactly how well they would work. I'm planning to read through the recent
postings this weekend, to see if there is a consensus approach that will:

* Be reasonably acceptable from a user's standpoint, including those who:
    - Want all boost libraries.
    - Want only the boost base libraries.
    - Want the base libraries and some subset of the domain libraries.

* Be reasonably acceptable from a developer's standpoint, understanding
that some users are developers and visa versa.

* Be doable with the tools at hand.

* Be able to scale up to a larger number of both base and domain libraries.

--Beman