From: Mike Sackett (msackett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-15 16:07:21

I'm having some trouble getting a simple Python extension built with
boost/python to run cleanly under Python 2.0. As I'm somewhat new to
STL/boost, I'm afraid I may not be taking basic steps needed to make
boost/STL work well with MSVC 6.

Are there standard tips/tricks for making boost and/or boost/python work
acceptably well under MSVC?

Please Note:

* I'm willing to switch to a different STL implementation (other than
Microsoft's) if that will make things go more smoothly.

* The problems I'm having (C++ exceptions being thrown by code which
appears to be managing reference counts) only occur when I run a _DEBUG
build (BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON is on) under python_d (version 2.0). It runs
cleanly as a release build under python.

* I'm using boost_1_19_0 built as a static library and linked into an
extension .dll.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.