From: Prabhu Ramachandran (prabhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-30 03:04:42

hi,

    Jeremy> I'm OK with a web-based forum for users as long as I can
    Jeremy> answer questions via email. At ND we use a web-based thing
    Jeremy> (jitterbug) and I hate it because I have to use the web
    Jeremy> form to answer questions . I'd much rather answer
    Jeremy> questions via email, and have the emails show up on the
    Jeremy> web page.

I agree with Jeremy. I find that it is a pain to follow a discussion
group when it is completely on the web. IMO what would be best is a
mailing list whose messages are available to the general public via
the web and which is open to posting by non-subscribers/members. The
archives should be searcheable by non-members. Decent spam proofing
would be necessary. Any decent mailing list software should handle
this. I dont know if this is possible with e-groups though.

prabhu